Igor' Yu. Ippolitov, Candidate of medical sciences, associate professor of the sub-department of hospital surgery with courses traumatology, orthopedics and eye diseases, Ogarev Mordovia State University (68 Bolshevistskaya street, Saransk, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Aleksandr I. Kistkin, Candidate of medical sciences, associate professor of the sub-department of hospital surgery with courses traumatology, orthopedics and eye diseases, Ogarev Mordovia State University (68 Bolshevistskaya street, Saransk, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Bogdan A. Fedotov, Assistant of the sub-department of hospital surgery with courses traumatology, orthopedics and eye diseases, Ogarev Mordovia State University (68 Bolshevistskaya street, Saransk, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. To conduct a comparative analysis of the results of treatment of patients with humerus epimetaphysis fractures in the Republican Clinical Hospital No 4 from 2016 to 2018.
Materials and methods. A retrospective analysis of the case histories of 76 patients with epimetaphysis of the humerus fractures, who were treated in the Department of Traumatology, was carried out. The structure of morbidity by gender, age, type of fracture, treatment, complications was analyzed. Depending on the type of treatment, patients are divided into groups: patients who received conservative treatment, patients who underwent surgery with “traditional” plates, patients who underwent surgery with LCP plates.
Results. It was found that epimetaphysis of the humerus fracture was more often detected in women; more often two-fragment lesions of the epimetaphysis were detected. The most satisfactory treatment result and the least number of complications were observed in the study group, in which patients underwent osteosynthesis with plates with angular stability.
Conclusion. It was found that the best results and the least number of complications were observed in the group of patients who was treated with plates with angular stability.
1. Barabash Yu.A., Barabash A.P., Grazhdanov K.A. The effectiveness of types of osteosynthesis in fractures of the humerus and their consequences. Mezhdunarodnyy zhurnal prikladnykh i fundamental'nykh issledovaniy = International journal of applied and basic research. 2014;102:76–80. (In Russ.)
2. Kadyshev V.V., Solod E.I., Lazarev A.F., Zagorodniy N.V. Comparative characteristics of the results of treatment of a multifragmental fracture of the humerus by various methods of osteosynthesis. Sovremennaya nauka: aktual'nye problemy teorii i praktiki. Ser.: Estestvennye i tekhnicheskie nauki = Contemporary science: actual problems of theory and practice. Series: Natural and technical sciences. 2018;9:78–83. (In Russ.)
3. Gorinevskaya V.V. Osnovy travmatologii = Fundamentals of traumatology. Moscow: Meditsina, 1953:1036. (In Russ.)
4. Karchebnyy N.N., Zagorodniy N.V., Yasin M.I., Novikov S.V., Shpakovskiy D.E., Eremin V.V., Karchebnyy D.N., Petrosyan A.S., Panin M.A. Comparative analysis of the results of minimally invasive osteosynthesis of fractures of the diaphysis of the humerus. Organizatsionnye i klinicheskie voprosy okazaniya pomoshchi bol'nym v travmatologii i ortopedii: sb. tezisov XII mezhreg. nauch.-prakt. konf. = Organizational and clinical issues of patient care in traumatology and orthopedics: proceedings of the 12th Inter-regional scientific and practical conference. Voronezh, 2016:44–45. (In Russ.)
5. Tsoy I.V., Andreev P.S., Skvortsov A.P., Talalaev R.V. Experience in surgical treatment of fractures of the proximal humerus in children and adolescents. Prakticheskaya meditsina = Practical medicine. 2018;7:101–103. (In Russ.)
6. Solod E.I., Lazarev A.F., Zagorodniy N.V., Kadyshev V.V. Percutaneous osteosynthesis of the proximal humerus with locked wire structures. Dnevnik kazanskoy meditsinskoy shkoly = Bulletin of Kazan Medical School. 2018;3:37–41. (In Russ.)
7. Kirsanov V.A., Bordukov G.G., Andreev I.M. Results of bone osteosynthesis of fractures of the proximal humerus. Tekhnologicheskie innovatsii v travmatologii, ortopedii i neyrokhirurgii: integratsiya nauki i praktiki: sb. tr. konf. = Technological innovations in traumatology, orthopedics and neurosurgery: integrating science and practice: proceedings. Saratov, 2019:119–122. (In Russ.)
8. Kogan P.G., Lasunskiy S.A., Stafeev D.V., Boldyrev A.A., Chugaev D.V., Gudz A.I., Parfeev D.G., Sorokin E.P. Osteosynthesis of fresh fractures of the proximal humerus using closed reduction and blocked intramedullary osteosynthesis. Aktual'nye problemy travmatologii i ortopedii: sb. nauch. statey, posvyashch. 110-letiyu RNIITO im. R. R. Vredena = Actual problems of traumatology and orthopedics: proceedings dedicated to the 100th anniversary of RSRI of TO named after R. R. Vreden. Saint-Petersburg, 2016:85–90. (In Russ.)
9. Shesternya N.A., Lazarev A.F., Ivannikov S.V., Zharova T.A., Solod E.I., Dzhanibekov M.Kh., Abdul A.M. Subcutaneous subfascial osteosynthesis of fractures of the distal humerus. Kafedra travmatologii i ortopedii = Sub-department of Traumatology and Orthopedics. 2017;1:5–9. (In Russ.)
10. Lazishvili G.D., Grigor'ev A.V., Kuzin V.V., Gordienko D.I., Rat'ev A.P., Semenov P.V. Surgical treatment of fractures of the proximal humerus. Moskovskiy khirurgicheskiy zhurnal = Moscow surgical journal. 2016;1:22–25. (In Russ.)
11. Lifanov A.V., Levchenko L.T., Reznik L.B. Fracture of the proximal humerus head: a successful and complicated outcome of treatment. Lechashchiy vrach = Attending doctor. 2016;12:68. (In Russ.)
12. Panov A.A., Kopysova V.A., Khalaman A.G., Petrushin E.G. Surgical treatment of injuries of the proximal humerus. Geniy ortopedii = The genius of orthopedics. 2017;23:307–313. (In Russ.)
13. Khominets I.V., Mamedov K.D., Kudyashev A.L. Biomechanical rationale for the use of a two-row PCB plate for diaphyseal fractures. Izvestiya Rossiyskoy voennomeditsinskoy akademii = Proceedings of the Russian Military Medical Academy. 2019;2:248–253. (In Russ.)